Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Are there really people who are experts who can give advice on this site?

l am amazed at the lack of knowledge the guessing and incorrect advice people are giving askers in their answers and worse still it seems to be human nature for some people to choose the question that answers what they WANT TO HEAR not the truth or valid advice but to confirm their incorrect assumptions.Am l wrong?Are there really people who are experts who can give advice on this site?
Nope, your not wrong at all.





Yes it is a shame, they will choose an answer only because the person has said what they want to hear, and is mostly wrong each time








There are loads of us, that truly make sure we know what we are saying and doing.....if you do not know the answer, for Pete's sake do not pretend you do and put some lame stuff for an answer.





Not everyone knows everything, and some less than others.





But, I have contacts on here and they are great, and do not monkey around when they post an answer.





Again, if your not sure, check it out and give the best answer after you research the issue, not before.





And I could care less about the points, that is not why I come to YahooAre there really people who are experts who can give advice on this site?
No you are perfectly correct, but then I think most people on this site are teenagers, and many just don't read the whole question. But I always look at it this way, if you get a wide variety of answers most people can discount the silly answers, and they can get an interesting overview from the remainder. This is a help site, to me a start, after this you do your own research and make your own decisions, but if you don't know where to start it gives you options to consider.





However in dogs, many people ask questions just for validation for what they have already decided to do. Then they choose a bad answer as BA.
Well, unfortunately it IS human nature to say ';dont bother me with facts, my mind is made up'; :o)





A lot of people just come here for validation, and get mad if they dont receive it. And some of the answers that kids offer make me cringe.





Not to mention that some of the askers tell you a tenth of what you need to know, and you cant see the dog they are talking about.





But there is also a terrific pool of experience and knowledge among some of the regulars,... people who have had to deal with situations that are new to others.





I got some really helpful suggestions when I had to deal with a particularly difficult foster dog.





I just answer to the best of my ability, and even if the asker ignores me, I hope what I have to say will be helpful to someone else.
Yahoo! Answers has introduced the knowledge partners program within Yahoo! Answers were experts and sponsors on various topics are invited to answer questions within specific categories. Such users can be identified with a purple 'knowledge partners' badge located beneath their profile page.





Otherwise all other answers are provided by regular members of the community and in some cases, incorrect advise may be provided. I recommend emailing top contributors and / or top ten answerers or a specific category if you wish to pose a specific, detailed question.





All the best


Cheers
I don't really think this site is about sharing information. I think it's just a novel and slightly formalized and limited way to chat. I hope nobody high up sees this and gets pissed. One time before I found this site I googled something and an Answer came up on the list and when I saw 'Yahoo Answers' I really thought it was an authoritative site, like Wikipedia or something. I have since learned otherwise. This site is really just for fun. God, I hope they don't hear me. I'm getting scared.
We are such a mixed crowd, that there will be opinions, advice, heckling, and various levels of expertise.


It is pretty much as asking a question to a congregation of millions, and then sorting through the few answers.





Yes, some of us are qualified to answer, or give sound advice.


Some use this as a format to blow off steam, and some to boost their sense of self-importance.





And, just as when a person is consulting with peers, they will agree with those of like mind, whether correct, or wrong.


(One such question leaps to mind.).Ya just gotta shake your head and move on to one who does really want the answers.





I always just think, ';Tsk-tsk..Ignorance gone to seed';
I have owned dogs for 59 years.I have voluntered at shelters and have seen enough vets over my time for all kinds of problems with dogs.I am amazed at the answers that people give (kids) and then voted as best answer.I seem to skim over a lot of questions as I'm not on here just to get 2pts'I want to give the best information and knowledge of what I have learned and know what is best for the pet at the time.I am amazed with the time I spend Googling the right answer and pasting that info and Get Thumbs Down.What is up with that..So I just consider a lot are kids and it's a shame that they accept the info they do.I wish sometimes people would check a profile before choosing best answer as I tell you exactly who I am and how long I have done this for..
Yes there are, but there isn't very many of them and you really have to be careful who you decide to take advice from.





I know of two that I would trust with my dogs. (Golden Gal and Jennifer T)


Some people have some knowledge in one particular area such as breeding. I have never had any of my pets become pregnant, so I am not qualified to to answer questions about that except to say ';please have her spayed'; or ';see your vet';. I do know about tracheal collapse, luxating patellas, enlarged hearts, the process of spaying and neutering and what can be expected and vaccinations. I also never had a show dog, so I also stay away from those questions. Raven seems to be very knowledgeable in conformation and breeding. But the first person I always go to is Golden Gal and if she can't help me, she will direct me to someone who can and I trust her.





So in short, there are people that do have knowledge, but you won't find anyone that knows it all. That would be called a vet! You just have to be careful.





There was a question the other day where a dog got porcupine quills stuck in his face and mouth. They wanted to sedate the dog at home with whiskey and Advil. Every answer except one said to go to the vet. One person said just sit of him and pull them out and of course, that is the answer the questioner praised! E Gads!


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>





People are cheap and don't want to put a dime into doing the right thing.





Just be careful who you decide to take advice from. Most are idiots and idiots tend to listen to other idiots! They like to stick together!
The problem is that we are after points. Some folks give really bad answers, just for two points
  • origins
  • skin creams
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment